Call 604.430.2195 to book your table!

La Piazza Dario

Authentic Italian Food & Vancouver's Best Kept Secret!

Monday Italiano: Gnocchi

By July 08, 2013 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

A personal infatuation with potato pasta.



Ever since I was little, I have always loved pasta; spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, tortellini, you name it, I loved it. And yet, somehow, it wasn't until early adulthood that I was introduced to gnocchi. Being that I'm a quarter Italian and that I had been to Italy by that time, I believe that this may have been a great offense. Nonetheless, when I was finally introduce to gnocchi, my love for pasta was almost instantly surpassed. In other words, I fell madly in love with gnocchi.

A potato pasta, gnocchi has, in my opinion, a bit more of a tangy taste than your traditional pasta; a taste that I can't get enough of! After tasting more gnocchi dishes than many people would think humanly possible, I have come to the conclusion that my favourite combination is gnocchi in a rose sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

For all you fellow gnocchi lovers out there, come try Chef Claudio Ranallo's hand rolled gnocchi (pictured above) - you won't be sorry you did!

(Image via La Piazza Dario)

You Might Also Like

0 comments