Call 604.430.2195 to book your table!

La Piazza Dario

Authentic Italian Food & Vancouver's Best Kept Secret!

Monday Italiano: Cannoli

By September 02, 2013 , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Fried pastry shell & sweet cream filling. Yum. Need we say more?

When I think of Italian treats, cannoli are definitely at the top of that list. A gourmet dessert that originated in Sicily, Italy, cannoli are tubular-shaped pastry shells that have been fried and filled with a creamy ricotta filling (as pictured above). Depending on where you find these tasty morsels, they can also range in size from tiny, skinny ones to big, fat ones. 

The first time I tried one of these little guys, I nearly fainted (well, not quite - but it was that good!). Clearly, I was in heaven when I discovered that La Piazza Dario makes them. 

Come visit us on Slocan Street and try Chef Ranallo's cannoli for yourself! You'll be glad you did. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments